I wanna Live Life From a New Perspective

Friday, March 18, 2011

Caffeine

I am so bummed that next week is our last week at the hospital for a while!! Aghhh
it has been so wonderful! I love it so so much. Any who. The weeks seem to just be flying right on by. Its OK. I do not mind. This week was wonderful as usual.
Thursday I worked with my patient, who I adored. He really was a wonderful man! I get to work with him again in the future which makes me happy :)I basically just did basic patient care Thursday. Then today I was assigned to work in the ER which was fun. Almost got to drop an NG tube down a patient. I was SOOOO Stoked, then it turned out she did not need it >.< Thats okay. Better luck next time. I did get to discontinue her IV, which is something new I had not done before. The ER was fun, something I want to look into more. I loved it. You get to see all kinds of stuff. Today we had, Abdominal pain, chest/head pain, breathing issues, back pain. Oh, i did get to smell what a GI bleed smells like.. >.< lol I did see a case of possible child abuse, which 1) Mad me so stinking mad i could not even see straight 2) Want to just grab the poor baby up and just cry.... I don't want to get into detail with it, Just know that it is truly a horrible thing to see. A poor baby with cuts and bruises all over his face is something that does and will keep a person up at night. Just a reminder of how disgusting people really can be.

In other news, Tuesday is another Pharmacology test!! I am so Stinking scared!!!! I have to have at least a 78 on that test to be okay.. So this weekend will consist of books, note cards, something to take care of my headache and an endless supply of caffeine :) May I should just have an IV with nothing but coffee hooked up to me hehehe.. Well hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Be safe!
<3 Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment