I wanna Live Life From a New Perspective

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Student Charge Nurse

If any of you are wondering about my title of this blog, I was nicknamed "student Charge Nurse" by my nursing instructor and some of my nursing gals in class:). If you know what a Charge nurse is, then you can understand why the nick name is funny. I don't know if being titled that was a good or bad thing lol.. JK :)
My first trimester of Nursing School is done!! :D
It went by so fast. Its amazing.
So lets go back to the start of this week. Monday we had finals in Nursing Fundamentals. I was pretty nervous. But in the end I passed.. Got an A on my final.
Tuesday was the worst day. PHARMACOLOGY. I was so freaking nervous. So the first test we did was crazy. You have to get a 75 to pass anything in the nursing program. i got a 73 on the first test.. Which is considered failing. (I changed 3 of my answers that were right, if I would not have done that then i would have passed). So that made me on edge. Then we took the final. And while he was grading the tests a few people got called into the office, and they ended up getting kicked out of the program cuz their grades were not good enough... So that made everyone so nervous... But in the end i passed!!!! :D So that was a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders. Then Wednesday we had our last final which was a "hands on" kind of final. We had to pass meds and give insulin and show we knew how to give shots, which I passed that as well. SOOOO I am in the clear :). Thursday we had clinical which was fun. I got to clean an Inmates stab wounds!! And got to give shots. Friday was ok. Kinda slow in the AM. After lunch it got busy. Then after clinical was over, I went to a class all about wound care which was interesting. And that was my last week :)... Now I have 2 weeks off! My Love comes on the 20th for a week. Thats the only major plans I have for spring break. I plan on working on my tan and being out side alot if the weather is nice :) So I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Thanks for reading!!
x0x0x Aly

1 comment:

  1. 75 is not bad... we need an 80!!!! I am an LPN bridging to get my RN =) so it has been stressful but I love every bit of nursing =)

    ReplyDelete